Affordable Housing, Capacity Building, Child Welfare, Community & Economic Development, Education, Employment, Families & Children, Financial Literacy, Health, Human Rights, Human Services, Public Safety, Social Sciences
People experiencing poverty in SC
Types of Grants/Scholarships Considered:
Capacity Building & Technical Assistance
Leadership & Professional Development
Network Building & Collaboration
Policy, Advocacy & Systems Reform
Research & Education
Grants in the most recent fiscal year:
197 Grants Awarded
$5,000 Average Grant Size
$2,900,000 in Total Giving
The Sisters of Charity Foundation of South Carolina is a ministry of the Sisters of Charity Health System. In response to God’s call and the spirit of the Sisters of Charity of St. Augustine, the Foundation strategically uses resources to reduce poverty through action, advocacy and leadership.
How to Apply
Accepts Unsolicited LOIs/Proposals:
2023 LOI Deadlines
- Cycle 1 Immediate Needs (for organizations with operating budgets LESS than $500,000): Accepting LOIs Jan 9-March 9, 2023 (if invited to apply, application deadline March 31)
- Cycle 2 Immediate Needs (for organizations with operating budgets greater than $500,000): Accepting LOIs June 9-Aug. 9, 2023 (if invited to apply, application deadline Aug. 31)
- Systems Level Change: Accepting LOIs June 9-Aug. 9, 2023 (if invited to apply, application deadline Aug. 31)
- Breaking the Cycle: Accepting LOIs June 9-Aug. 9, 2023 (if invited to apply, application deadline Aug. 31)
Breaking the Cycle: Accepting LOIs June 9-Aug. 9, 2023
We provide grants to nonprofit organizations that work to reduce poverty in South Carolina.
Our grant funding is intended to support the work of organizations working to:
1) meet the immediate needs of people experiencing poverty,
2)break the cycle of poverty and/or
3)strive to change the systems that are considered to be drivers of poverty.
Please see our website for more information about general eligibility and each of these three grant categories: https://sistersofcharitysc.com/grants/
Entry Last Updated: November 13, 2022
Sign up with your email address to receive news and updates.