On February 4th, we joined NPA in convening our members mobilizing around two critical funding opportunities for our sector and the people we serve.
Together SC has been advocating for additional nonprofit investment from COVID relief funding, and they are saying that NOW is the time to TAKE ACTION! Together SC is asking nonprofit organizations to sign on to their support letter which will be delivered to House and Senate leadership, as well as the Governor’s office.
The proposal includes:
- $100 million from the state’s $2.5 billion in ARPA funding (4%).
- Funding sent through the Department of Commerce.
- Utilizing nonprofit and philanthropic expertise to assist the state in the design and implementation of the grant program.
- Competitive grant program that aligns with ARPA priorities and regulations.
- Grants that engage nonprofits in every sector in the work of rebuilding our communities.
Together SC Resources:
South Carolina Association for Community Economic Development (SCACED) is requesting the prioritization of ARPA funding to support affordable housing development, small business recovery, and individual asset development, to ensure that those who were impacted the most not only recover but strengthen and grow with South Carolina’s economy.
The agenda includes:
- Funding for the Micro and Small Business Recovery and Resiliency
- Fund a Statewide Individual Development Account (IDA) Program
- Funds for a Comprehensive Affordable Housing Strategy