On September 19, 2023 members of the Greater Good Greenville community heard from advocacy experts, Bolder Advocacy, that although 501(c)3 public charities must remain nonpartisan, they have a critical role to play throughout the election cycle! Not only can public charities engage in issue advocacy during election season, but they can also conduct robust voter and candidate education campaigns and mobilize the public to get out the vote. Participants gained a better understanding of how to safely engage in nonpartisan advocacy during an election.
To review a recording of the webinar, follow this link and enter the passcode: fJ0+d0n$
Bolder Advocacy also shared the following helpful resources:
- Election Checklist for 501(c)(3)s
- Election Activities of Individuals Associated with 501(c)(3) Organizations
- The Rules of the Game: A Guide to Election-Related Activities for 501(c)(3) Organizations
- Sample 501(c)(3) Organizational Policy for Election Season
- Legal Tips on Using Social Media for Advocacy
To learn more, visit Bolder Advocacy at bolderadvocacy.org.